Saturday, February 28, 2009

Life According to Blake

Ah, welcome to the mind of my alter-ego/stalkerazzi cover-up, Blake. Blake is the girl who I always wanted to be: cool, calm, collected, and just overall fabulous. The real me isn't all that bad, but I guess it would surprise a few people who don't know me so well.

To be honest, sometimes I feel like I'm living a lie: I've always been thought to 'grin and bear it' or 'fake it till you make it' and to be honest, I can't tell the difference between making it or faking it anymore. Who knows, maybe I'm making it and I don't even know. Maybe my parents were on to something after all.

If you've read my other blog at all, you'll know that I poke LOTS of (sarcastic) fun at my love life. Heck, I poke lots of fun at my life in general- mostly because it gets to be too much sometimes. Humor is my defense mechanism. Awkward moment? Use humor. Feeling down? Use humor. Family's about to lose everything they ever had (hello reality!)? Use humor. 

Now the most ironic thing of it all is that I'm probably one of the LEAST funny people you could ever meet. I have the strangest sense of humor, but I mean you can only work with what you're given. 

I made this blog seperate from The Adventures of Little Miss Single beause I want to be a little bit more serious. If I keep humoring my problems, it's not going to make them go away. I've had my head stuck in the sand for a really long time, and as a wise young woman once told me- "it's time to grow up."

So here's to sucking it up, growing up, and hoping I don't screw it up along the way.

xoxo
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Hi, you've reached Blake, I'm not available to blog right now..." Jokes Leave me a comment though, and I will get back to you :)