Sunday, May 17, 2009

Torn

Clearly people don't like me. I have two options:

-Change. People say don't ever change who you are. I don't know who I really am (be honest, who does?) but I know I'm not a mean-spirited person. I know I have a heart and yes, even though a lot of the times their opinions of me are not worthy, I care what people think of me. Maybe people would like me better if I was a little more open, if I was a little nicer. Maybe somethings wouldn't change. I feel like when I try to be nice people call me fake or phony. Then the situation becomes a lose-lose. Which leads me to retract to my second option:

-Stay the same. This is me on the defensive: I should be true to myself, keep acting the way I HAVE acted. People who are worth my time will get to know me. The ones who matter will make me feel comfortable enough to show my true self. I'm using the walls I build and my exterior attitude as my filter because I've been screwed over so many times in my life. On the flip side- if you don't like the way your life is spanning out and you don't change anything you're in no position to complain.

There is no in-between. Fight or flight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Hi, you've reached Blake, I'm not available to blog right now..." Jokes Leave me a comment though, and I will get back to you :)