Sunday, April 26, 2009

New York, NY

I'm currently at a trade show for the beauty industry and I won't lie---I'm bored!!! I can only go into the esthetics show, not the hair show. So I'm jammin listening to Kanye and taking in the view from Jacob Javits- appreciating the fact that I'm in NY at all- even if I am with the boss lady. She's not so bad sometimes. We talked this morning about me going say to school and I almost got a little choked up. The truth is that sometimes as much as I resent my job- I can't imagine my life without it.

The last three years I have invested so much of myself into that salon. I am everywhere in there and I think when I leave I'll miss certain aspects of it. Especially my staff. For the most part, they were hand picked by boss lady and I... They're my friends and my confidants. How weird is it gonna be when they don't wake
Me up on my days off?!

But then I'm sitting here taking in the view and I know where I want to be. Even if it's not permanent... I need to prove to myself that I can do this. I know independence is going to suit me just fine- I can practically taste it. I just want my chance to make it on my own.

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Hi, you've reached Blake, I'm not available to blog right now..." Jokes Leave me a comment though, and I will get back to you :)