Saturday, August 8, 2009

Early Birthday Surprises

I love August... Especially this August because I finally turn 21!!! =D I can't wait to just have the freedom to go out with my friends and just grab a drink, unwind. Only 2 more days, for anyone following the countdown.

So today, I had a horrendous day at work. I was IM'ing back and forth with UK all day, and he knew I wasn't doing well. I was supposed to be off, and had to go in and deal with my boss' bratty 6 year old son... These things get on my nerve, especially after the late night conversations about his ex-but-soon-to-be-girlfriend-again that UK and I have. Sucks, but its a reality I have to deal with. He's not here, I'm not there- at best all we can be is friends. I want him to be happy, truly I do- but that doesn't make it an easy pill to swallow. It just hits too hard with all of the other realities- my two best friends are off to New York at the end of the month, the others I'm not that close with, and now I can't just have UK's undivided attention whenever I want. I have abandonment issues, people. I can't help that!


(The Flowers!)

Anyway. So what happened today turned my frown upside down. UK sent me flowers & a teddy bear at work today. The card read:
"To 'Blake', Here's your pick me up and early Birthday gift.
Keep Smiling!
-'UK'"


(Me and Burton the bear)


He got his wish. I kept smiling. I sent out picture mails, phone calls, and texts alerting the public- aka my friends- even my DAD who has no idea about this whole ordeal. This is the nicest thing someone has done for me in awhile! I dragged them on the bus and hiked a good 1/2 mile (if not more) home with the flowers so I wouldn't have to leave them at work. I did it all with a smile on my face. How could I not? When I received that- it didn't matter than he was halfway across the world, or that he isn't going to be as available to me in the future as he is now. All that mattered is that in that moment, I knew he cared just as much as I did.

If only I could find the American version of him...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Hi, you've reached Blake, I'm not available to blog right now..." Jokes Leave me a comment though, and I will get back to you :)