Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Try Not to Judge

Disclaimer: Roxane, I love you and I'm sorry this is how you have to find out (cause I normally tell you everything). Don't worry, it's not THAT scandalous. Read on.

Two months ago, I received a phone call at work. A guy with a seriously sexy British accent...But I blew him off at first, thinking he was one of my regular telemarketers. I'm not sure how or when it happened but during the course of that conversation (once I got past the idea that I thought he was trying to solicit something) this potential customer and I made a serious connection.

He told me he was going to be visiting for business in New Jersey, in my town. Weird, but I took it for what it was- and before you know it we were talking about everything- differences between the UK and the US, our jobs, hobbies, etc. When I asked him what he did for a living, he hesitated. He then said he produced adult movies. Naively enough, I thought he meant behind the camera. But, he didnt- he's in front of it. Who knows why I didn't just stop there? I mean let's be real, I'm probably the prudest soon-to-be 21 year old girl you'll meet right now. Seriously. Talk about polar opposites!

That was a month and a half ago, at the end of June. Something happened at work, and the plans for a visit fell thru. We still talk, and now I find myself looking forward to the conversations more and more. The thing is, I know how cautious you have to be- for all I know he could be some creepy stalker. But I truly believe this was just plain dumb luck- I just happened to hit it off with someone who called the store where I work.

The weird thing is, even though he's half a world away in England, the closeness is starting to bother me...Not in a nuisance sort of way, but in the kind of way that "no good can come of this." Which is a terrible thing to say. At the very least he's a pleasant person to talk to, someone who doesn't judge me, and someone who can appreciate me for exactly who I am.

So, I decided to prove to myself that he can't be the only one who would be pleasant to talk to, non-judgemental, and appreciative...I signed up on plentyoffish.com yesterday and now have 5 pages full of guys who want to be appreciative of me. Which ironically, only made me feel worse.

See the thing about UK (his new nickname for u bloggy peeps) is that I know he takes a part out of his day specifically to talk to me- whether its a phone call (I don't want to know how many phone cards he's been thru), or an IM, whatever it might be. He gets crap from his friends because he never used to sit on the phone, or on the computer,and they even have a nickname for me because they think I'm illegal- as in underage- haha, if they only knew! The bottom line is, as pathetic as it is- he makes me feel (CORNY ALERT) really special.

I'm just hoping I can find someone just as special who makes me feel the same--- preferably on the same continent at this rate!!!

Like I said, try not to judge.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I think this is quite exciting!

    As long as you stay realistic (ie, he is too far away to ultimately satisfy you and vice versa), then ENJOY! You deserve the attention, and, he'll set expectations of men that you can apply to potential boyfriends/dates. Don't settle!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

"Hi, you've reached Blake, I'm not available to blog right now..." Jokes Leave me a comment though, and I will get back to you :)