Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crooks Update

Before I start...If you're unsure of who Crooks is, you may want to read this post otherwise you may not fully comprehend what I'm talking about.

I lasted over a week not talking to him. Not that difficult, considering we went almost 2 years without speaking---but still, not pleasant. So when he called Sunday night, I was inclined to answer. I didn't ...Instead I badgered my best friend for the next 15 minutes trying to figure out whether or not I should call him back.

I did.

Before you knew it, he was in front of my house, and I was getting in his car. As I'm getting into his car, he holds his finger up to his lips as to 'shh' me. Shhh-shadyyy is what I have to say to that! Then I hear "Ok, goodnight, I love you, I'll talk to you tomorrow." To which I said "Who was that, Crooks?" He ignored me, but damn it I was persistent and I wanted to know. He responded by hugging me and telling me he missed me.

I kept asking him and finally I said "Look, Crooky, everyone knows you're still in love with your ex so why don't you go ahead and just admit it. I won't think less of you for it, it's not like I'm going to hate you." To which he sighed and responded "You're right, I do still love her. I can't lie about it."

Well, at least he found something he can't lie about.

But then he proceeded to complain that his hoodie didn't smell like me, why did I wash it, I couldn't even spray my perfume on it? Is this boy on crack?! He then also proceeded to repeat himself, telling me that he loves me. He then said, and you know I know you love me, too.

To which I responded "Yeap, you're right. I love you like the brother I never had. Cause that's how you love me right? Like a sister."

He looked offended and said that "it's a little more than that."

"So, like a cousin?" I said

"No, that would mean I love you a little less."

"Well, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't know how you love me."

Oh, well. You can't say he doesn't deserve it!!! He wants to play games, little does he know Blake was not born yesterday! In the midst of all this, he reaches in his back seat, pulls out a brand-spankin' new (tags still on it!) adorable Burberry 3/4-sleeve polo shirt. He said he bought it for his sister and she didn't want it. I call Bullshit, but I mean come on...I'm a broke immigrant college student. Burberry is not usually a word in my vocabulary unless I'm on Canal Street in Lower Manhattan.

Is it wrong to say that maybe I could deal with the lies if he's going to buy my love? I kid, I kid. Kind of...

The night ended in his friend, Billy joining us. Billy loves me, maybe a little too much for a 40-year-old man. Billy looked at me and looked at Crooks and said "I don't get it man, why don't you just date her already?"

To which I responded "Because, he's in love with his ex"

Billy's face hardened and he said "Yeah, well I keep tellin him, she's good for nothin' and she don't care about him."

And that, ladies & gents, is basically how the night ended.

Am I the only one who's confused here?


xoxo
Blake

1 comment:

  1. Nah. I think you've pretty-much got him figured-out.

    The real question is: what are you going to do about it?

    Good luck sweetheart!!!

    ReplyDelete

"Hi, you've reached Blake, I'm not available to blog right now..." Jokes Leave me a comment though, and I will get back to you :)