Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ring Ring, it's Blake's Wisdom Tooth Calling

I woke up this morning, and I was in pain for various reasons. The main pain? My phone is ringing and it's my boss. It's also 8:58a.m. and I just fell asleep (read:took cold medicine with sleep aids in it) at 5a.m.

I answered, only to kindly tell her that I would be in at 2, and NO I'm not opening up the salon for her today. I don't care if she has her 5 year old son. It's her business- it's her problem. She's been paying me the same thing for the last 2 years. The least she can do is let a very sick girl get some sleep.

I also woke up with a sharp pain in my jaw. Not unusual for someone who grinds their teeth in their sleep. Unusual however, that it did not go away as it normally would after I crack my jaw a couple times (attractive, I know). I reach back towards my molars with my finger only to find that my first wisdom tooth has arrived.

REJOICE! I am non the wiser, and will be all the poorer for it. I guess I can kiss my next couple of pays goodbye...because they will probably be spent on an oral surgeon.

You know that saying when it rains, it pours? I keep trying to be positive. I have some great things in my life: a family who loves me, a few friends I can count on, a job that (even though I don't get paid what I should) pays relatively well. I'm intelligent, I'm educated, I'm a laundrylist of wonderful. However what I wouldn't give for just another year of what my life used to be like. I mean really, health insurance? What's THAT like?

That said, I'm happy to report that my vicious cold has found a way out of my body...and has left me with a lovely, wheezing, asthmatic-sounding cough.

But enough about my ailments. Ask me some more questions!

Xoxo
Blake

1 comment:

  1. Poor Pumpkin! i'm sorry you are in a bunch of pain. Maybe you can delay the trip to the surgeon till summer? I dunno i'm not an expert :( But I love you. I love that I blog to you rather than to walk downstairs. LAME

    ReplyDelete

"Hi, you've reached Blake, I'm not available to blog right now..." Jokes Leave me a comment though, and I will get back to you :)